Guidelines for Healthy Beautiful Skin
1) Remember to protect your skin from the sun every day. Apply an SPF 15 or greater sunscreen on exposed skin and wear protective clothing – hats, cover-ups. Apply your sunscreen 20 minutes before going out into the sun. If you are in the sun for very long, remember to reapply your sunscreen. Try using a body moisturizing lotion that has a little self-tanner included keeping that summer glow instead of tanning. You will be glad you did.
2) Do Not Smoke! –Smoking is very harmful to your skin and to your entire body. Smoking impairs circulation to the skin and robs it of needed oxygen. This increases damage to the skin’s collagen and elastic which are vital for skin fullness and elasticity. If you do smoke, please, please try to quit. We know it is very hard, but quitting will do so much not only for your skin, but your entire life.
3) Try to eat healthily. Your skin needs nutrition with antioxidants just like the rest of your body. If your skin is not looking good, this may be an early warning sign as to the condition of your overall health. Supplying your skin from the inside with vitamins, anti-oxidants, and water is probably more important than anything you could put on your skin. All the anti-aging skin care creams in the world will not make up for an unhealthy diet.
4) Keep yourself hydrated. Try to drink plenty of water for your skin and overall health.
5) Get plenty of rest. Your skin needs the down time too.I know this can be tough for many of you. Your schedules don’t always allow for 8 hours of quality sleep. Sleep is important though, not only for your skin but again for your total health. If you have trouble sleeping, please see your physician. Ignoring the problem will not help. You will be much happier and stress-free if you are getting a good night sleep.
6) Reduce stress for your skin and your happiness.
7) Get some exercise. Sweating is good for your skin. Walk, bike, play tennis or go to the gym.
Any moderate excise will help to:
Increase circulation to your skin bringing in vital nutrients
Eliminate toxins from your skin and body
Reduce your stress which will help your skin
Help you get a good night sleep
Break up those pockets of cellulite that make your skin look lumpy
Exercise can be very beneficial in reducing acne breakouts too.
8) Wash your face twice a day. We know we told you this one before, but it is worth repeating. Leaving makeup and the day’s grime on your face harms your skin. Plus you want a fresh face to put your anti-aging skin care products on so they absorb fully. Even if you have dry skin, all you need is the right cleanser that will help with the dryness.
9) Less alcohol consumption is better for your skin.
We don’t want to nag… and we know these are all the guidelines you probably did not want to hear. Nevertheless, they are important not only for beautiful skin but for your general health, so please follow these guidelines the best you can.